Frequently Asked Questions
Are there Lexiles in GALILEO?
- Alternate Question(s):
Do GALILEO articles have Lexile scores? Can you limit by Lexile range when searching GALILEO?
A Lexile score indicates the level of difficulty of reading materials and allows Georgia educators to match resources with any student’s reading level. Several GALILEO databases for K-12 include a Lexile score with the article or book information and also let you limit your search to a certain Lexile range. Here are some examples of GALILEO resources that include Lexiles:
- NoveList K-8
- SIRS Discoverer (for elementary and middle school students)
- SIRS Issues Researcher (for high school students)
- MAS Ultra (for high school students)
- TOPICSearch (for high school students)
- Student Research Center (for middle and high school students)
- Middle Search Plus (for middle school students)
- Kids Search (for elementary and middle school students)
- Primary Search (for elementary students)
- Searchasaurus (for primary and elementary students)
For additional information about about Lexiles in GALILEO resources, please see the following:
For additional information about the Lexile Framework, please see the following:
- Lexile Framework for Reading
- Lexile Framework for Reading: Using Lexiles to Support Instruction and Improvement in Georgia Schools (PDF)
Presentation by Heather Koons, MetaMetrics, Inc.
Keywords: reading assessment
Last Updated: Tue, January 26, 2010 - 12:22:52