Frequently Asked Questions
I keep getting a security warning when I try to use Discover GALILEO. How do I stop this?
In Internet Explorer 7 and 8, you will need to add EBSCO as a trusted site and enable display of mixed content when using Discover GALILEO (powered by EBSCO Discovery Service).
Here are instructions for doing this. You must make both changes in order to not see the security warning popup window.
To add EBSCO as a trusted site:
- Go to Tools > Internet Options in Internet Explorer
- Choose the Security tab
- Choose the Trusted Sites section
- Click the Sites button
- Uncheck “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone”
- Type in *.ebscohost.com
- Click the Add button (you can now recheck the “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone” box if you prefer to have this setting)
- Close the Trusted Sites window
To enable display of mixed content:
- Click the Custom Level… button in the Trusted Sites section of the Security tab
- Scroll down to “Display Mixed Content”
- Select Enable
- Click the OK button for the Security Settings - Trusted Sites Zone
- Then, click the OK button for the Internet Options window
- You may need to close and reopen your browser for the settings to take effect
Keywords: EDS, Discover GALILEO, EBSCO Discovery Service, discovery, internet explorer
Last Updated: Mon, November 05, 2012 - 4:20:33