Frequently Asked Questions
How do I view EBSCO eBooks on my mobile device?
- Alternate Question(s):
How do I view EBSCO eBooks on my iPad? How do I view EBSCO eBooks on my iPhone? How do I view EBSCO eBooks on my mobile device? How do I checkout eBooks from the EBSCO eBooks app?
EBSCO has released a dedicated mobile application which allows you to search, checkout, view, and return eBooks all from within the app. This FAQ serves as a guide on how to check out eBooks using the EBSCO eBook Mobile app.
Before downloading the app, make sure you have the following information:
- Adobe ID (Create a free account)
- GALILEO password (Find out how to obtain your password)
- My EBSCOhost personal account (Learn how to create an account)
1. Download the EBSCO eBook Mobile App
- iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) from the iTunes app store
- Android devices from Google Play
- Kindle Fire and Nook devices from this FAQ
View a video tutorial on how to use the app here.
2. Adobe ID ( used for DRM management)
- Enter your Adobe ID and password.
- Click “Authorize.”
3. Find Library and Using GALILEO Password
In order to search for eBooks, the eBook app needs to know which library you’re affiliated with. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click “Find Books” at the bottom of the app.
- You will need to select your country and state from the drop-down lists.
- Once these are populated, it will display a list of all libraries in the state. Browse the list and select your institution.
- You will now be prompted to enter your GALILEO password.
4.Search and Checkout
- After entering your GALILEO password, you will be able to search for an eBook title or browse by category.
- Once you find the title you’re looking for, select “Download (Offline)” to check out the eBook.
- You will be prompted to enter your My EBSCOhost personal account username and password.
- Before downloading the eBook, you will need to select your checkout period. You can checkout an eBook for up to 7 days.
- After your eBook downloads, it will appear in your “Bookshelf.” You will also see how many days are left in your checkout period.
- You can read the eBook by tapping on the book cover.
Last Updated: Fri, August 28, 2015 - 3:11:11