Frequently Asked Questions
How do I view EBSCO eBooks on my mobile device?
- Alternate Question(s):
How do I view EBSCO eBooks on my iPad? How do I view EBSCO eBooks on my iPhone? How do I view EBSCO eBooks on my mobile device? How do I check out eBooks from the EBSCO eBooks app?
Download a printable PDF version of this guide here.
EBSCO has released a dedicated mobile application that allows you to search, check out, view, and return eBooks all from within the app. This FAQ serves as a guide on how to check out eBooks using the EBSCO eBook Mobile app.
To Start, You Will Need to Have the GALILEO Password and Two Accounts:
Use of the app requires three separate accounts.
- Adobe ID (Create a free account)
- GALILEO password (Find out how to obtain your password)
- My EBSCOhost personal account (Learn how to create an account)
Next, Follow These Steps to Set Up the EBSCO eBook Mobile App:
1. Download the EBSCO eBook Mobile App
- iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) from the iTunes app store
- Android devices from Google Play
- Kindle Fire and Nook devices from this FAQ
2. Adobe ID ( used for DRM management)
- Enter your Adobe ID and password.
- Click “Authorize.”
3. Find Library and Enter GALILEO Password
In order to search for eBooks, the eBook app needs to know which library you’re affiliated with. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click “Find Books” at the bottom of the app.
- Select your country and state from the drop-down lists.
- Select your institution from the list of Georgia libraries.
- You will now be prompted to enter your GALILEO password.
4. Search and Check Out
- After entering your GALILEO password, you will be able to search for an eBook title or browse by category.
- Once you find the title you’re looking for, select “Download (Offline)” to check out the eBook.
- You will be prompted to enter your My EBSCOhost personal account username and password.
- Before downloading the eBook, you will need to select your checkout period. You can check out an eBook for up to 7 days.
- After your eBook downloads, it will appear in your “Bookshelf.” You will also see how many days are left in your checkout period.
- You can read the eBook by tapping on the book cover.
- View a video tutorial on how to use the app here.
Last Updated: Thu, October 01, 2015 - 12:29:51