Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I having problems accessing DjVu files for newspapers and other images?
Several GALILEO resources, such as the digitized versions of Georgia newspapers in the Digital Library of Georgia, utilize the DjVu filetype. DjVu files require that the user install a browser plug-in to view the images and documents. Sometimes, users encounter problems accessing DjVu files even though they have downloaded the DjVu browser plug-in. Here are a few troubleshooting tips that may help you if you are encountering problems accessing DjVu files:
- Uninstall the current DjVu plug-in and download and install the newest version of DjVu.
- Disable pop-up blocking for the site. See GALILEO Computer Configuration Instructions.
- DjVu Troubleshooting Internet Explorer
- Checkpoints when the DjVu plug-in isn’t working properly
- Printing fails on IE 8
- Windows 7 users will need to select the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer in order to use DjVu. To find this, go to Start > All Programs to see both Internet Explorer entries. Choose the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer and then download DjVu.
- Safari versions 5.1 and greater are not supported at this time. DjVu plug-in developers are currently working on an update that will be compatible with later versions of Safari.
- Firefox Navigation Problems on Mac OS 10
- Mac OS 10 Users: When downloading the DjVu plugin, the default option is for Mac OS 9. Mac OSX users will need to select the appropriate DjVu plugin from the product version drop-down list to download the correct version for their operating system. DjVu plugin version 6.1.1 supports OSX version 10.3.9, 10.4, 10.5, and 10.6, and version 6.1.2 supports 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8.
If you are still encountering problems, please submit a comment to GALILEO support.
Other questions in this category: Technical & Access Problems
Keywords: DLG, Digital Library of Georgia, historic newspapers, Macon Telegraph, Columbus Enquirer, Southern Israelite, Red and Black, Atlanta, Milledgeville, Athens
Last Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012 - 4:49:15