Frequently Asked Questions
Why is GALILEO asking me to log in as another institution?
- Alternate Question(s):
Why is GALILEO asking me for another institution’s password?
GALILEO asks for a particular institution’s password when someone is coming from a proxied link. Because the proxy links are usually unique to an institution, the GALILEO system expects that institution’s password.
Zotero, the citation add-on for the Firefox brower, saves proxy links to make it easier for users to access their institution’s resources. However, because Zotero is set to save a proxy link by default, it may save proxy links for multiple institutions.
Removing an incorrect proxy in Firefox:
- Go to Tools > Add-ons (If you don’t see the Tools link at the top, click the orange Firefox button in the upper left and then choose Options > Options.)
- Make sure the extensions section is selected
- Scroll down to Zotero
- Highlight Zotero to edit the add-on
- Click the Options button to edit options
- In the Zotero Preferences window, click the Proxies section
- Make sure “Automatically remember proxied resources” is not checked
- Remove the incorrect proxy URL if it’s listed in that box
- Click OK to save those settings
If you have questions or need assistance with doing this, please submit a comment to GALILEO staff through the Contact Us form.
Other questions in this category: Technical & Access Problems
Last Updated: Wed, June 27, 2012 - 11:55:39