Technical & Access Problems
GALILEO provides access to databases and websites from several different producers. Each of these producers has its own technical requirements for access to its resources, and the GALILEO staff has reviewed these different requirements in order to create a single set of recommendations that will allow GALILEO users to have full access to the GALILEO system and all of its resources.
Following the Configuration Instructions in this section will prevent most potential GALILEO access problems, but please see the frequently asked questions below for more information about problems related to specific databases. If you are unable to find a solution to your problem, please contact your library or use the Contact Us form to report the problem.
Technical Support FAQs
- When I click “Automatically log in as [Public Library Name],” how does GALILEO know my library?
- Why am I having problems accessing DjVu files for newspapers and other images?
- Why am I being asked for a username and password when accessing databases?
- How can I view and Download ebooks in eBooks at EBSCOhost?
- How do I update my institution’s IP addresses?
- Why can’t I print from WestLaw Campus Reseach?
- How do PINES users log in to GALILEO?
- How do I access Guest resources in GALILEO?
- Why do I get a resource not available error message when trying to access a database?
- When I click “Log in by IP as [Public Library Name],” how does GALILEO know what public appears?
- Can I link to and bookmark pages in GALILEO?
- What browsers are compatible with GALILEO
- Can WorldCat.org help me locate materials (books, videos, music) in nearby libraries?
- Why do I get a “Page Cannot Be Displayed” error message when accessing GALILEO?
- Why am I having problems exporting citations to RefWorks or EndNote?
- Why am I having problems streaming Films on Demand Videos?
- What devices are supported for eBooks on EBSCOhost download?
- Why doesn’t anything happen when I click on the Find It link?
- What Operating Systems does GALILEO Support?
- What are cookies?
- Why is an error message given after the Find It link to full text opens database?
- Why am I unable to open PDFs?
- Why is GALILEO asking me to log in as another institution?
- Why am I unable to print PDFs?
- How do I report a problem to GALILEO?
- Why am I unable to view records I marked while in WorldCat?
- How do I delete cookies?
- How do I bookmark my favorite GALILEO homepage: Scholar, Library, High School, Teen or Kids?
- I keep getting a security warning when I try to use Discover GALILEO. How do I stop this?
- Why am I getting an Authentication Error Code 108 when trying to use Discover GALILEO?
- Do I need to configure my computer to access GALILEO
- Do I need to change my cookie configuration in order to access GALILEO and GALILEO resources?
- I’m getting a blue screen when I click the permalink I saved. How do I get to the article?
- How do I save or print an article from the Georgia historical newspapers?
- Why can’t I view an embedded content in Desire2Learn (D2L)?
- How do I add a link to a Films on Demand video to my Desire2Learn (D2L) course?